Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Zombie Reel by Mark Wells


This is my first published zombie reel.

I have calendared more zombie roles because some folks think I can play a 'believable' zombie in different ways.

The first scenes are from a very low budget 'feature film' titled; "GRACE".

My character dines with other zombies and our 'saying' of grace uses laughter to the point of hysteria, followed by 'relieving' ourselves of what we ate.

I get the only 'real' word in these scenes and I have omitted the other four characters, except for the zombie I was seated next to.

The second set of scenes is from an IGN.com Internet commercial for the Capcom game of;
"Dead Rising 2" and it's newest episode; "Uranus Zone Exposed", which came out on October 11.

My zombie was the featured male and we were 'watching' a former Penthouse Pet who dropped her top in a portion of the video that was shot after our scenes were done.

Myself and the other zombies were to react to a 'green screen' television, being directed by the Director who know what we would be 'looking at' even though we only were looking at a blank T.V. screen.

Both scenes depict a happier zombie than most people think zombies act like.

I can play all types of zombies even though I still don't know much about the genre.

In the second set of scenes, I actually chomped down on the foam foot but I didn't pull off any toes.

The makeup artist left the site before shooting was finished and I didn't have any decent makeup cleaning material so I drove home in the face makeup. I'm glad folks didn't look at me all the way down the 405 freeway. Thankfully, it was a lighter style makeup compared to many other zombie faces viewed throughout the media.

Now I have packed my car with more essentials for a background/extra actor including cleanup supplies and extra clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have used comment moderation with all my blogs for some time.
However, I promise to publish all comments to the posts on this blog, either on this blog or on another blog I have that I don't provide the URL for.