Friday, November 18, 2011

One of the Worst!


Perhaps one day I will expand on what this is and where it appears on "X" movie.

But right now let's just admit that it is what it is and hope it doesn't go viral and embarrass my family and whatever remaining friends who would admit to being my friend.

Yes, there is a pillow under my shirt.

Yes, I did fall and get very bloody on the shoot.

I added the explosion to what was sent to me. The Director of the project either did not know how to put in an explosion or for some other reason, simply didn't add it to what was a 6 minute, 29 second segment of a longer film.

Essentially, I am supposed to get shot with a magic bejeweled exploding arrow that blows me into smithereens.

My part was being one of two maniac bus drivers who were chasing the heroine and the female aliens, for some reason.

If you look very, very carefully, yes we are twirling chain key fobs with a D-ring held in our hand, as weapons.

The 'arrows' used in other parts of the full film still have their rubber ends that make them stick to walls. The 'art department' didn't bother to try to make pointed ends on the arrows.
Not that there was an 'art department' on the project, in the first place.

I've learned more rules in my new working life: Don't volunteer for indie projects where shooting on a D5 or D7 is advertised. Those shoots are less than very, very, very low budget.

This shot comes from one of my earlier projects for the time frame of August to November.

It will be long remembered by me and if and when you see the full segment, you will be astonished because it really is beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have used comment moderation with all my blogs for some time.
However, I promise to publish all comments to the posts on this blog, either on this blog or on another blog I have that I don't provide the URL for.